Impressions from the 2022 Forum
- Concert of Duo MareliEliška Dedková and Martin Cabá, the Duo Mareli, gave the final concert to the Prague Guitar Forum. They played compositions of Johann Kaspar Mertz (Am Grabe der Geliebten, Vespergang, Unruhe) and the Tango Suita of Astor Piazolla (Deciso, Andante, Allegro non troppo).
- Presentation of the new book “Playing with Rhythm”The Prague Publisher Bärenreiter presented the new guitar school book “Playing with Rhythm”, with 10 pieces by well known authors. The book is edited by forum-organizer Nikola Liederhaus. All the compositions focus on developing the feeling for rhythm for the guitar students.The book offers a wide range of tunes, classical and modern, that will be… Read More »Presentation of the new book “Playing with Rhythm”
- Concert Jule Malischke at the Baroque Hall of the DominicansJule Malischke gained great resonance for playing an outstanding concert. She played personal compositions, newly arranged famous songs and even classical pieces. The audience was surprised by the variety of styles she mastered excellently. She felt at home in classical and modern genres alike. For every song she had a personal story. The final applause… Read More »Concert Jule Malischke at the Baroque Hall of the Dominicans
- Musician self-confidence and stage frightKateřina Jagla gives a lecture on self-confidence and discusses numerous questions how to overcome stage fright and gain more self-confidence as a musician. She says that it is very important to understand the reason why we are playing music instrument. Ask yourself and try to find answer. When we are dealing with stage fright ask… Read More »Musician self-confidence and stage fright
- 4th Prague Guitar Forum started with a Rhythm WorkshopSilvio Schneider opened the Prague Guitar Forum with a workshop on Rhythm. His first exercises focussed on rhythm and the body, dancing steps, hand clapping. body clapping. Rhythms became more complicated in the course of the workshop. Then practical issues of teaching rhythms were discussed. There was a lively discussion about how to use a… Read More »4th Prague Guitar Forum started with a Rhythm Workshop
About Prague Guitar Forum
The Prague Guitar Forum project consists of a two-day international conference in the field of classical guitar. The Prague Guitar Forum consists of outputs on the border between lectures, workshops and the sharing of knowledge from the practice of experts and the audience. The audience of expert lectures are classical guitar teachers, especially at the level of basic artistic education. This year, we decided to give the participants different perspectives on working with rhythm. German teacher and guitarist Silvio Schneider (DE) will open the festival with a morning workshop of Latin American rhythms. Cellist Kateřina Jagla (CZ) will talk about her unique project Hey, play to those working on the topic of mental health of musicians. German guitarist, composer and teacher Jule Malischke (DE) will organize a workshop on percussion guitar techniques. Two concerts are planned for the weekend. The Baroque refectory will feature music by the German composer and guitarist Jule Malischke (DE). Guitarist duo Mareli (CZ), composed of Marbn Cába and Eliška Dedková, will perform at the final concert in Werich’s villa.
For more information follow our Facebook page